Windows System Administrator
Triad are currently engaged with a leading, global agricultural company to assist them on a large migration project.
We are looking for an experienced Windows System Administrator with experience in troubleshooting system / application issues, installation and configuration of applications, in addition to hands-on knowledge of GPO.
- You will be a member of the Infrastructure engineering team dealing with problems to upgrade the OS of all the business applications.
- Experience in writing PowerShell scripts to automate different processes.
- Deploying, maintaining and optimizing live internet services, DNS, Firewall, Proxy Server management.
- Installation of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Configuration of load balanced DHCP Services.
- Work with the AD architect to resolve any issues related to GPO policies.
- Installing and configuring windows proxy.
- Configuring Windows Server Update Service to manage updates to server estate.
- Work with the DBA to install and configure SQL monitor.
- Installation and configuration of Windows File server.
- Installation and configuration of Intune connect.
- Installation of Azure Service Map agents.
- Trouble shooting and working with the network team to identify and open relevant ports.
- Assist existing engineers with new Hyper Converged Infrastructure.
- Creating high level design wherever required.
- A good working knowledge on breadth of technologies including Active Directory Terminal Servers, PowerShell, Windows clustering, MS NLB, VMware, Citrix and Hyper-V.
- Degree in IS/IT or ONC/HNC in an IS/IT related subject or relevant experience.
- Be able to create technical documentation for a technical audience.
- Working knowledge of ITIL framework. Technical investigation and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in troubleshooting technical problems involving software and operating systems.
- Ability to operate under pressure and influence decisions.
- Be fully conversant with change control precepts and practices.
- Work efficiently with minimal guidance from Senior or Lead administrators.
If this role is of interest to you or you would like further information, please contact David Sparkes or submit your application now.
Triad is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief.
Triad Group Plc acts as an Employment Business for this contract position.