Senior Java Developer – Java 8, AWS
Calling all Java Developers in the Hampshire area. Our client is offering an exciting opportunity working on a Greenfield project for a client of theirs based in the Whiteley area. Our client operates with a flexible working approach, 3 days would be required on the end client’s site, 1 day per week at client site in Sunningdale (Ascot) and 1 day can be spent remotely from home, as well as flexible working hours. Our client sits at the forefront of using the latest technology such as Java 8, AWS and Spring Boot, so if you are an enthusiastic developer looking to work with the latest technology this is the opportunity for you.
Your areas of responsibility will be:
* Developing software product features for in-house and customer products whilst working in an Agile environment.
* Collaborate across departments in the design and evolution of software solutions.
* Ensure software quality through extensive testing (unit, integration, functional, performance and regression) with a focus towards automation.
* Building and extending Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines and toolchains.
* Writing product and support documentation.
* Maintaining and extending skills by reading and training as well as being prepared to grow into a position whereby new techniques, tools or learnings can be shared with team members.
You will have hands-on experience with:
* Must: SQL (MySQL or PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB or Cassandra) databases.
* Must: Micro-services architectures.
* Must: Cloud infrastructure, particularly AWS.
* Docker eco-system
* Developing RESTful APIs supporting multiple versions.
* VMs and provisioning tools (Vagrant or Chef or Puppet or Ansible)
* JPA and ORM frameworks (e.g. Hibernate) and JMS messaging (ActiveMQ or RabbitMQ or Kafka).
* Agile (Scrum, Kanban) and TDD (JUnit, Mockito) environment.
* Providing architecture designs as well as highly technical project documentation
* Advantage: using and configuring CI tools: Git, GitFlow, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar, Jira
* Deep knowledge in object-oriented programming and design patterns
If this role is of interest to you or you would like more information please contact Ben Fowler or submit your application now.
Triad is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief.
Triad Group Plc acts as an Employment Business for this contract position.