Junior CAD Technician
Harrogate, North Yorkshire
Junior CAD Technician
Triad are looking for keen and enthusiastic Graduate CAD engineers, to expand our client’s growing engineering discipline and knowledge base. The successful individuals will be working within our client’s multi-disciplinary production team to create high quality, bespoke engineering products.
The role will initially be offered on a 6-month contract basis, with a view to being made permanent. Starting salary when permanent will be around £20k per annum. During the contract period, an hourly rate in line with the starting salary will be paid.
Full training and support is given to you and you will be part of a team of people from a similar background to you.
- Analyse client provided power line information data. This could include tower number information, alignment direction, conductors and their properties, load data etc.
- Use CAD Software to model power lines from LiDAR data ensuring a high accuracy of key information.
- Calculate temperatures of conductors and populate the results into models.
- Perform various analyses (vegetation infringements, structure utilisation, conductor uprating, new build optimisation) and prepare relevant reports.
- Work closely and coordinate own work with a team.
- Perform quality control activities of final products and update relevant documentation.
Applicants should have the following:
- A degree in civil or electrical engineering (or similar) with an understanding of both principles.
- Competence in using Microsoft Office, Google Earth and preferably CAD software.
- Good ability to read and interpret circuit diagrams and other technical drawings to extract the required information to perform a task.
- Good ability to work within a team environment, communicating estimates and technical queries, managing workloads and deadlines.
- Good ability to work individually and solve problems under pressure.
- A very keen eye for detail.
If this role is of interest to you, or you would like more information, please contact Tommy Parker or submit your application now.
Triad is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief.
Triad Group Plc acts as an Employment Business for this contract position.