Triad are recruiting GIS Technicians for our client in Somerset. The role is working on a GIS Data Capture project and would be looking to start in October. The contract is based on a 40-hour week, with the chance to work additional hours, for a duration of 12 months. It is a great opportunity for the right person to gain some experience in a commercial map production environment.
For this role, you will need to undergo Security Clearance. You would undergo training and an induction whilst this is being processed. There may be a small amount of waiting time until you have the Security Clearance in place to go on site.
The role is open to graduates if you can demonstrate a solid understanding of the use of geospatial software.
- Creating and updating digital map databases using ArcGIS software and a variety of source materials including satellite imagery and Remote Sensing data.
- The role would be ideally suited to graduates who have experience in GIS and using GIS software.
- You may have studied GIS, Geography or something similar that would have given you exposure to working with GIS software.
- Experience in GIS data capture for mapping projects would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of GIS systems and practical experience of their use, ArcGIS in particular, would be an advantage.
- Commercial experience would be advantageous.
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities
- Carrying out tasks required of the project, within the time restraints and to specification.
- GIS Digitisation using ArcGIS and specific industry software (training provided).
- Interpreting imagery.
- Handling and interpreting confidential information.
- Assisting with Quality Control of data as and when required and feedback findings to relevant operators.
- Identifying improvements to the process and equipment.
- General duties required of project, including printing, copying, receipt and dispatch of materials.
- Assisting in the production of work instructions or other documentation as required.
- Participating fully in any training offered to ensure that knowledge remains current and relevant.
- Providing information on project/task status to your line manager, and completion of timesheets/MIS software, as required.
- Ensuring that you work within the Health & Safety guidelines at all times.
If this role is of interest to you, or you would like more information, please contact Tommy Parker or submit your application now.
Triad is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief.
Triad Group Plc acts as an Employment Business for this contract position.