GIS/Geospatial Commercial Support Co-ordinator
Our client has established itself by successfully delivering cutting edge mapping products, geospatial services and consultancy. As a result of several recent project awards, they are expanding the current team located in Bristol, UK.
Due to a growing increase in opportunities, a vacancy has arisen for a Geospatial/GIS Commercial Support Coordinator to join their experienced and motivated team.
Our client is a company that prides itself on its high level of customer service, and this role is crucial to maintaining these high standards. The successful candidate will be a meticulous, organised, ambitious team player, with the ability to work under their own initiative. Commercial support activities are fast-paced, with a variety of enquiries, and you will need to be flexible in your approach to each enquiry, with the ability to manage several opportunities simultaneously.
You will support the Business Managers in responding to bids for business lines; you will also work closely with the client’s production team to compile methodologies and create proposals with multiple product offerings. The role will also involve marketing support, and we are looking for a candidate with a proven eye for detail and a background in the geospatial industry.
We are looking for a motivated individual with very strong communication skills, the ability to manage multiple priorities. The successful applicant will demonstrate commercial acumen, the ability to work to tight deadlines, and flexibility in working methods.
As a growing company in a dynamic industry, there is strong potential for career development and progression beyond this role.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree (or higher level qualification) in a relevant discipline;
- A minimum of three years working in the geospatial industry in a commercial capacity. Experience with GIS and satellite imagery products is highly advantageous;
- Experience in responding to tenders, and strong creative writing skills;
- Experience with CRM Lead and Opportunity logging, and providing regular status reports;
- Experience with GIS software package (with knowledge of ESRI software being advantageous);
- Proficiency in Microsoft office programs and experience with Google Drive being advantageous;
- Marketing and website design experience;
- Good verbal, written and technical communication skills with a meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to work within high pressure situations and to work on multiple submission deadlines;
- Ability to work independently, proactively and be flexible in responding to change;
- Strong command of both spoken and written English;
- Ability to demonstrate experience successfully managing large bids;
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovation through the production of bespoke Client documentation;
- Ability to plan and execute bid planning with multiple stakeholder groups as required.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining the company CRM and appraising the management team of opportunities;
- Supporting the company with marketing activities and assisting in website development and content updates;
- Arranging and attending client meetings as required to promote the company’s products and services;
- Assisting in the production of pre-qualification questionnaires;
- Working on wide-ranging tenders, producing winning, persuasive bids;
- Accountability for bid standards and guidelines;
- Planning and managing the bid from inception through to closure and handing over to Project Managers and Business Managers;
- Developing and managing the bid plan to support the activity and resources;
- Managing relationships including internal and external team members, subject matter experts, Project team members and Business Managers;
- Supporting the development of new systems for ensuring ongoing quality and consistency;
- Responsibility for bid data capture and sharing lessons learnt across the team;
- Developing standard bid responses for the information library, ensuring its timeliness, access, clarity and consistency;
- Supporting the UK sales team and undertaking market research;
- Lead generation and management.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an ambitious and growing company at the right time. If you would like to know more. Please drop a CV over to Jon Graham at Triad today.
Triad is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief.
Triad Group Plc acts as an Employment Agency for this permanent position.