GIS Consultant (Edinburgh, Glasgow, Newcastle)
Edinburgh, Glasgow or Newcastle
£36,000 - £40,000 per annum
GIS Consultant – Edinburgh or Glasgow or Newcastle
Would you like to join our environmental team working within one of our client’s Northern offices (Edinburgh, Glasgow, Newcastle)? They work on a variety of exciting projects, both in the UK and internationally.
We are looking for a GIS consultant with around five years of experience to join our client’s Newcastle, Edinburgh or Glasgow team. With a core focus on GIS experience, you will also have an appreciation of environmental consulting work and the ways in which geospatial methods can tie into this.
The role will include:
- Delivering technical GIS work related to environmental, planning and infrastructure aspects of a nationally significant highways project in Scotland, and other projects of various types and scales, working with Geospatial and other specialists.
- Tasks could include data management, data visualisations, cartography, spatial analysis, automation/scripting of spatial tasks, web development, and many other GIS linked tasks.
- Producing project related correspondence, reports and Geospatial outputs, including technical report writing.
- Attending internal and client meetings, reporting on and presenting the Geospatial aspects of projects.
- Working with the BIM team to integrate GIS and BIM together.
Skills/Experience required for the role:
- Typically over five years of post-graduate GIS experience, ideally in a consultancy environment.
- A first degree in a relevant subject such as Geography, GIS, Computer Science, Software Development and Information Technology or similar.
- Ideally a post-graduate qualification of MSc or higher.
- Current track record of providing GIS into projects in a consulting environment, including highways projects specifically, through all stages.
- Experience in a range of GIS, web development and database environments.
- Skills in Python scripting, web development and BIM would be highly desirable.
- Ability to flex skills and approach across a wide range of project types.
- Project management experience, including QA procedures and financial systems.
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment.
- Able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent planning, organisational, time management and communications skills.
- Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges.
- Ideally Chartered or progressing towards Chartership.
If this role is of interest to you, or you would like more information, please contact Jon Graham or submit your application now.
Triad is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief.
Triad Group Plc acts as an Employment Agency for this permanent position.