Are you interested in working full time in the charitable sector? Would you like to not only do the day job but be the central point of focus for GIS and help it grow within the organisation as they develop their digital strategy that GIS plays such a key part in?
This role is based remotely and, post-COVID, will be flexible to be home-based with a couple of days a week in a Central London office.
Responsible for data management and analysis to uncover insights to support a data-led delivery strategy and help establish the organisation as a leading provider of solutions relating to the provision and protection of parks and green spaces to key stakeholders.
- Undertake GIS data preparation and data management using mapping software and geoprocessing tools.
- Identify patterns and trends through spatial mapping of data, extract relevant information from the gathered geospatial data and apply analytical methods to solve problems.
- Research, process and interpret large sets of local, regional, and national data to inform the work of the organisation.
- Create high-quality outputs and presentation of geographical information, data visualisation tools and user-focused displays.
- Develop analytical tools to support specific campaigns and strategic goals.
- Manage various data requests and undertake complex GIS tasks for specific projects.
- Ensure a smooth interface with the Communications and Marketing team to design external facing products, to ensure incorporation of GIS into various digital applications.
- Identify new research opportunities and work with colleagues to design, plan and deliver new products for the market and internal use.
- Ensure accurate GIS data entry, data validation and maintenance of geodatabases.
- Develop data management protocols and effectively maintain a data library, ensuring best practice and a consistent approach.
- Work in close collaboration to support the needs of the team and communicate findings and GIS concepts clearly to non-GIS users.
- Keep up to date with new software releases and provide support to all GIS applications.
Experience, Knowledge and Expertise
- Excellent fundamental GIS knowledge, including projections, cartographic design, GIS data management and a good understanding of land characteristics.
- Working knowledge of GIS datasets (public and private) and experience of working with large datasets i.e. LiDAR, OS Mastermap.
- Experience creating spatial data sets, preparing spatial maps, and maintaining databases.
- Knowledge and experience in successful data management.
- Experience working with multiple spatial file formats including CAD, KMZs, Shapefiles, Rasters and Geodatabases.
- Proficiency with web-based GIS visualisation tools and the ability to manipulate and analyse geographical information to be presented in reports or presentations.
- Ability to lead GIS projects and coordinate effectively across the team to ensure GIS deliverables add value.
- A minimum of 2 years’ prior experience using ArcGIS software in a professional environment.
- Proficiency with Python and open source GIS packages.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office 365 suite of applications.
- Experience of combining GIS data with other types of analyses and data science methods such as crowdsourced data or citizen science data would be desirable.
- Experience of working within environment or infrastructure sectors would be also desirable.
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills.
- Analytical mindset.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills in both written and spoken English.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Degree in GIS, Geography, or related fields – or significant work experience in lieu of formal qualification.
- Proven knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online Suite.
If this role is of interest to you, or you would like more information, please contact Jon Graham, or submit your application now.
Triad is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion, or belief.
Triad Group Plc acts as an Employment Agency for this permanent position.