FME Automation Consultant
We are looking for a highly motivated FME Consultant to join our client. As a key technical member of the team you will report directly into the Division Manager and will be working on key strategic projects for one of our clients using cutting edge technologies.
Working in an agile team, you will understand business requirements and develop the appropriate solutions that will meet the business needs. You will have the opportunity to apply your software engineering skills to build scalable, performant systems that are easy to maintain and support.
This role will be a mixture of working from home and on-site client facing.
You may be asked to fulfil a few additional functions, though the expectation is that the role will be dedicated to a single client, at least in the first year.
These activities may encompass, but are not limited to:
- Technical project delivery and consultancy services
- Second line technical support
- Research and Development
- FME product Training and mentoring
- Pre-sales support to the Sales team
- Marketing activity such as webinars and public
- Presentations at industry events
Required Capabilities and Experience:
- Proven experience in a consulting role, communicating and implementing solutions
- Ability to work independently and with a proactive attitude towards taking responsibility in deploying and supporting FME solutions
- Candidates may already have one or more of Safe Software’s FME Certifications or have the desire to quickly achieve and maintain these professional certifications
- Excellent communication skills and a track record of building and maintaining working relationships with customers, both internal and external
- A desire to solve problems and build automated solutions
- Ability to identify commercial opportunities and communicate them appropriately
- Experience of ETL and data integration and working with large volumes of data in multiple formats and on multiple platforms
Required Technical skills:
- Solid and demonstrable expertise with FME Desktop
- Experience of ArcGIS Enterprise and the wider ESRI product stack
- Ability to understand, edit, adapt and enhance existing Python or ArcPy code
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Azure Cloud technology stack
- Experience and understanding of the GML data standard (reading & writing)
- Experience with the database standards Oracle Spatial Enterprise Geodatabases
- Ability to write and edit basic Structured Query Language (SQL) syntax
- Familiarity with GIT for version control
- Experience around Deployment, Debugging, Testing, Scaling and Monitoring modern cloud-based systems will be necessary.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience of FME Server and FME Cloud
- Experience of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Virtual environments, Linux OS and containerisation such as Docker and Kubernetes
- A good knowledge of Ordnance Survey MasterMap® would be beneficial.
You will be required to travel to customer sites within the UK and occasionally abroad and spend nights away from home. Therefore, a full valid UK driving license is required.
If this role is of interest to you or you would like more information, please contact Jon Graham or submit your application now.
Triad is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief.
Triad Group Plc acts as an Employment Agency for this permanent position.