Triad Group Plc is looking for a DevOps Architect to work with a market-leading organisation where you will be part of an exciting project to maximise the opportunities that geospatial data and technologies can provide to UK businesses.
The role will have the flexibility to work from home, although depending on project needs, some travel to the client’s Oxfordshire offices will be required on occasion.
As a DevOps Architect, you will be involved in cutting-edge development projects and activities at the forefront of geospatial technologies. You will be supporting scientific research, designing, defining, and building innovative geospatial solutions, demonstrators, and prototypes as well as providing technical consultancy expertise and advice to internal and external partners. You will be working collaboratively with external communities and supporting thought leadership activities.
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Focus on infrastructure automation, continuous integration, and reliability engineering processes and methodology to support the whole Geospatial-Intelligence (GI) delivery team, working in close collaboration with the IT department.
- Developing the roadmap for GI’s cloud strategy, which is a core requirement, to support the department’s continued success – setting clear standards that ensure alignment.
- Be hands-on where required, both in strategic, organisation-wide settings as well as more tactical project-wide situations – but always with an eye on the strategic.
- Design and prototype cloud solutions supported by technical documentation.
- Strong background in building and testing code as well as in operations.
- Create and maintain an automated delivery pipeline that assists in building geospatial solutions more efficiently.
- Provide specific expertise in the public cloud environment and expertise and leadership in shaping the processes, tools, and methodologies to balance needs throughout the software development life cycle.
- Work within the Geospatial-Intelligence department leading the design and the specification of the infrastructure (hosted on public cloud, or in a hybrid environment) requirements for Geospatial solutions.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Strong SDLC experience.
- Strong experience in infrastructure management and monitoring.
- Solid operational experience.
- Strong DevOps tooling – Docker, Kubernetes.
- Strong CI/CD pipeline concepts and tools.
- Strong Public Cloud technology (Ideally AWS + 1 of Google Cloud or Azure).
- Solid Python and other scripting languages.
- Solid OS administration – Linux, some Microsoft would be highly desired also.
- The ability to identify, assess and integrate various open-source technologies and cloud services.
- A background in building and testing code as well as in operations.
- Supportive and collaborative management abilities in a team environment, as well as proven customer-facing management skills.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, flexible environment, and take the initiative to learn new tools and concepts quickly.
- A degree in STEM field or equivalent experience with at least 5 years of technical experience.
Industry-leading benefits package:
- 28 days holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Yearly bonus.
- Up to 10% employer pension contribution.
- Private healthcare.
- And more.
If this role is of interest to you or you would like more information, please contact Ben Fowler, or submit your application now.
Triad is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion, or belief. Triad Group Plc acts as an Employment Agency for this permanent position.
Triad Group Plc is a signatory of the Tech Talent Charter aiming for greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles. In addition, as a Disability Confident Committed employer, our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for any role.