Data Migration Specialist (SC Cleared)
6 months +
Data Migration Specialist
Triad Group are currently providing services to a high-profile Central Government department and are looking for an experienced Data Migration Specialist to develop appropriate analysis, designs, services, documentation and other such artefacts to support the successful implementation of new solutions.
The role will also involve;
- Conducting full data migration of legacy systems to a new service;
- Adhering to the appropriate development and design standards and assist in their continuous improvement to deal with the ever changing and more challenging environments;
- Actively participating in the adoption of new development technologies and platforms as they are introduced;
- Ensuring that code is appropriately tested before it is released to any environment, liaising with business and test analysts as required.
Skills & Experience Required
- Experience and knowledge of the Government Security Classification (GSC) levels;
- Recent experience of working on solution delivery and application design and development in an IL5 environment.
- Work with customers in gathering business requirements for data migration needs.
- Work with subject matter experts and project team to identify, define, collate, document and communicate the data migration requirements.
- Assist in designing, planning and managing the data migration process.
- Perform migration and testing of reference data and transaction data from one core system to another.
- Experience performing Data Analysis and developing source to target mapping document for migration
- Prepare data migration plans including migration risk, milestones, quality and business sign-off details.
- Perform data migration audit, reconciliation and exception reporting.
- Manage assigned risks and monitor potential impacts as part of the data migration plan.
- Expertise in ETL process design
- Experience of working with Solution Security and Information Assurance Accreditors to ensure the designs meets the needs of the security standards being applied for IL4.
- Strong understanding of dimensional, relational and object oriented modelling techniques
- Proficient in developing complex SQL queries for reporting needs
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft SQL Server back end databases.
- Experience of Test Driven Development (TDD) and automated testing techniques.
*Due to the nature of the project, current, valid SC Clearance is required for this opportunity*