Assistant ICT Business Partner
Our public sector client is in the process of changing how they think about service delivery in the future and this role is a key part of that process. They are facing an unprecedented period of growth, which will bring changes in demographics, in the types of services required and in the ways people access those services.
The drivers for change are:
- Customers – Building services around the people they serve.
- Efficiency – Making the very best of their people, time, and money.
- Effectiveness – An agile flexible workforce achieving their ambitions, working together and in partnership.
As Assistant ICT Business Partner for Digital, you will have a very strong background in ICT Digital Systems e.g. Gazetteer, ESRI, GIS and Digital Form creation and have evidence of this in your career path. Strong project management delivery skills will also be required. The role would be very well suited to someone who has done some business analysis and project coordination work.
In return, our client is offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, which includes flexible working arrangements and career and professional development.
- Ensuring the client meets its statutory obligations and that the highest standards of probity and good conduct are always maintained.
- Contributing to the wider ICT Management Team, working collaboratively across the organisation to bring about change and improvements to service delivery within finite resources.
- Contributing and implementing a strong vision and strategy for ICT Digital, which delivers ambitious, innovative, and forward-thinking approaches.
- Ensuring customer service and delivery is excellent and continually improves.
- Contributing to the leadership of the organisation, ensuring a high calibre, motivated, effective, and empowered workforce, acknowledging good performance and tackling poor performance positively and effectively.
- Taking an entrepreneurial approach to identifying and pursuing as appropriate, all additional sources of funding, other resources, or other ways of delivering services which could be used to augment those provided by the client.
- Upholding the client’s governance mechanisms, ensuring appropriate standards of performance, operational effectiveness, probity, safeguarding, risk management, safety, equality, and open government are maintained.
- Managing and leading projects to achieve the most effective services possible for the community, partners, and the client.
- Ensuring that there is a smooth transition of Corporate projects into the ICT Digital Team and that staff have the knowledge, skills, and tools to provide an excellent service to customers, in an environment with high volumes and varieties of work, where priorities change.
- Promoting the ICT Digital Team’s commitments of providing excellent advice and service to the client’s customers, building resilience, flexibility, and agility in terms of thinking, ways of working, service delivery, and driving continuous improvement.
- A comprehensive understanding of public sector Gazetteer and GIS statutory obligations would be required.
- Relationships with other business areas are key to success, so great customer communication skills are required.
- The ability to demonstrate very strong supplier management and performance skills.
- Experience in supplier contract negotiations and treating every pound as your own.
- To be successful, you will have previous experience in a role in service delivery with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Degree qualified or equivalent with some formal management or project management training.
- A demonstrable track record of leading, motivating, and inspiring staff in the delivery of services or projects. You will also be assessed on how you embody the client’s core Values and Behaviours.
If this role is of interest to you, or you would like more information, please contact Jon Graham, or submit your application now.
Triad is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion, or belief.
Triad Group Plc acts as an Employment Agency for this permanent position.