Application Support Engineer
Application Support Engineer, (Postgres, Java, Linux, Agile)
Triad Group want to expand our support team to help our government client transition and run great digital services. You must have strong skills in providing application support for front + backend web services, databases and be ready to quickly get to work within a multi-disciplinary teams.
You must have proven experience of working in an ITIL V3 support environment supporting services capable of running high volume, reliable and flexible services that are relentlessly user-focused and continually improved through iterative development.
Day-to-day you will be responsible for providing incident diagnosis and resolution, bug fixing, problem analysis and contribute to major incident management.
The main responsibilities of the post are:
- Supporting web and mobile products to serve a variety of needs.
- Supporting APIs for internal and external use.
- Contributing to building up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a Continuous Deployment environment.
- Being involved in the wider web development community, identifying good practices we can adopt and sharing our experiences.
- Sharing knowledge of tools and techniques with the wider team, both developers and non-developers
- Taking part in 2nd/3rd line support of applications and platforms, including occasional support outside of office hours
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of Unix, Linux or similar
- Proven working knowledge of ITIL v3.0 including incident management
- Detailed knowledge of Java
- Understanding of microservices architecture
- Proven working knowledge of release management
- Experience of Apache Tomcat; Wildfly
- Working knowledge of J2EE
- An ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience working in an application technical support function.
- Creation and maintenance of operational procedures, work instructions and support manuals
If this role is of interest to you or you would like more information, please contact Laura Waddy or submit your application now.